Arabic Language Classes
The World Languages Institute at Bellevue College offers one of the few Arabic language programs in the Seattle-Bellevue area. Our Arabic classes are lively and interactive, and easy to fit into your schedule– classes meet once a week in the evening for eight weeks. You can start to learn Arabic today.
Get started learning Arabic
Arabic is spoken by almost 200 million people in more than twenty countries.
The World Languages Institute teaches Modern Standard Arabic, derived from Classical Arabic.
The World Languages Institute Arabic classes introduce you to basic vocabulary and expressions that will allow you to speak Arabic in everyday situations. The instructor is a native Arabic speaker with extensive teaching experience. Arabic lessons cover conversational skills, as well as how to write and pronounce the Arabic alphabet. Lessons include how to:
- Engage in simple conversations
- Ask and respond to simple questions
- Use the Arabic alphabet to write simple sentences
- Read basic written materials
- Interact in social, business, and travel situations in a culturally appropriate manner.