Software Testing & Quality Assurance
Qualified software test engineers are in demand in the technology industry. The skills employers are seeking include computer proficiency, programming fundamentals, strong communication skills, team working ability, test planning and automation experience, and the capability to successfully find software bugs and provide logical, concise written bug reports.
Bellevue College’s Software Testing & Quality Assurance courses emphasize learning by doing, and utilize extensive lab exercises to teach skills such as client-server testing and bug eradication. All instructors are experienced professionals currently working in the field. Classes may be taken individually, or as part of a Software Testing & Quality Assurance certificate program.
Software Testing & Quality Assurance Certificate Program
The STE certificate program is designed to prepare the student to become an entry-level software tester, and provides a solid foundation in testing principles and an introduction to automation and database testing.
The curriculum for this program was designed with the assistance of software testing industry professionals to best reflect the skills needed to succeed in today’s workplace. Bellevue College has been successfully training software testers for more than ten years.
The programs are designed to accommodate the varying time schedules of individual students. Our flexible program is offered on your schedule: start any time you like and complete at your own pace. The program can be completed in as little as nine months or as long as three years.
- Software engineer positions are found in a variety of industries in Washington State.
Source: Washington State's Interactive Labor Market Access (WILMA)
- Washington is one of the top five states in the U.S with the highest concentration of workers in the software engineering field.
Source: U.S. Department of Labor
- The median salary for software engineers varies based on the level of experience, geographic market, and company size. Highly experienced software engineers can earn salaries of $100,000 or more.
Why Bellevue College?
- Interactive courses that emphasize lab work and demonstrations
- All instructors are experienced professionals currently working in the field
- Program has been successfully training software testers for more than 10 years
- Evening and weekend classes are tailored to working professionals
Request a Certificate of Completion for this program.