Human Resources Management
The Human Resources department is an essential business unit that focuses on supporting people, so they can accomplish organizational goals and contribute to the success of the organization. Primary activities include recruiting, hiring, compensation, training, and development.
The Bellevue College Human Resources Management curriculum offers courses taught by practicing HR professionals, and teaches real-world skills that can be applied directly to the workplace. It is designed for those who want to enter this rapidly growing field, or for Human Resources professionals who want to improve their skills. Classes may be taken individually, or as part of a Human Resources Management Certificate Program.
Human Resources Management Certificate Program
Bellevue College offers a Certificate in Human Resources Management. Our flexible program requires no formal application, and allows you to choose electives from a range of subject areas. Classes are small, and tailored to your schedule: start any quarter, and complete at your own pace, taking as few as one or two courses a week. While the program is designed such that it can be completed in as little as 2 to 3 quarters, students have up to 13 quarters (39 months) to complete the certificate.
The program requires a total of 123 class hours. The college is a Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCIŪ) approved provider for PHRŪ/SPHRŪ recertification.
- Employment of HR, Training, and Labor Relations managers is projected to grow by 17% between 2006 and 2016.
- Median annual earnings of human resources managers nationwide were $80,250 in May 2006. The middle 50% earned between $58,770 and $107,450. Source: US Department of Labor
- According to a July, 2007 salary survey, B.A. degree candidates majoring in human resources received starting offers averaging $41,680/year.
Why Bellevue College?
Request a Certificate of Completion for this program.
- Bellevue College is an approved Human Resource Certification Institute provider. HRCI® is the leading independent, internationally recognized certifying body for the HR profession.
- Our hands-on classes are designed and taught by practicing HR professionals.
- Courses use actual business scenarios to teach skills you can apply directly to your workplace.
- Enroll in elective classes that fit your needs.
- Easy access: No educational prerequisites or application process is required; just register and attend.